It’s been a long time since I’ve written here. Here some updates from life recently.
That time I wore stripes on top and bottom and liked what I saw. So, I took a mirror selfie…as one does.
1. It’s amazing the things you’ll accomplish when you let go of the expectation of perfection. I’m very new at this, but it’s still fascinating.
3. I’ve downloaded the to-do list app, Todoist. It has helped me to compartmentalize things and to stay on task.
4. I’ve been teaching an SAT prep class to rising high school seniors this summer. I’m amazed that even after spending 3 hours in front of them, I still feel energized.
5. I’ll be starting a new job tomorrow as a substitute teacher. I’m a little nervous about it.
6. I just finished “reading” (it was an audiobook) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It was intense, but the good kind of intense. At least, it didn’t break my heart like the last movie in the Before Sunrise trilogy.
7. Speaking of audiobooks, I found out that you can type into youtube ” “title of a book” “audiobook full” ” and you’ll be introduced to more reading material than you’ll know what to do with. I’ve finished TFIOS. I’m in the middle of reading Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl.
8. Youtube is pretty much the greatest teacher I’ve ever found. In the past 2 weeks, I’ve learned more about organization, teaching SAT and ACT, advising seniors about the college application process and other things than I have in books. Youtube and Google, yeah.
9. It’s been a really good summer. Yeah.